Add a new payment method in Google Ads
A payment method is what you use to pay for Google Ads.
Note that in some cases, certain payment methods may be temporarily unavailable while Google Ads reviews your account’s eligibility to use them.
Note: If your card issuer or bank is in the European Economic Area, they may require you to go through an additional authentication process, such as a one-off code sent to your phone, to verify the ownership of your card. Your card issuer or bank may require this extra verification when you make a payment, add a new credit or debit card or at the card issuer or bank’s discretion.
Google complies with the new security requirements imposed on banks and payment processors by the Payment Services Directive 2 (PSD2) in the European Economic Area. If you have any questions, please contact your card issuer or bank directly.
The steps for adding a payment method vary depending on whether this is the first time that you're entering your billing information into Google Ads.
If you're entering billing information for the first time
After you've created a Google Ads account, here's how to enter your billing information:
- Sign into your Google Ads account.
- Click the tool icon and then under "Billing", click Settings.
- Choose the country or territory of your business address. Click Continue.
- Enter your business address. Click Continue.
- Make your billing selections and enter your billing information. The options you see will depend on the country of your billing address, the currency that you've picked, and whether any payment methods are temporarily unavailable for your account.
- Review and accept the Google Ads Terms and Conditions.
- Click Submit and Activate.
- If your payment setting is automatic payments: Once your account has been activated and your billing information has been processed, any new ads and campaigns you create can begin running on Google. If you don't want them to run immediately, make sure that you pause your campaigns.
- If your payment setting is manual payments: Your ads will run once you have funds in your account. Click the tool icon , and choose Billing, then click Make a payment to add funds.